i’m a coach. And I love this work.
Before becoming a Coach, I spent more than 20 years working in the creative and marketing industries – as an art director, video producer, advertising manager, yet mostly in client services roles.
I’ve held leadership positions on accounts worth over £3million, managing teams as large as 16 people. I’ve worked in corporates. I’ve also worked in 12 agencies internationally and in the UK, across brands such as Renault, Visa, Ballantine’s, Kahlúa, Sky, HP and Chivas Regal.
I had a successful career in the creative industries: I’ve experienced leadership (good and bad), been promoted numerous times, and led many teams across many organisations.
While I enjoyed those years, I’m thrilled to have found real purpose as a coach, helping leaders and teams see fresh possibilities, reach for their dreams and get the future they want. I’m clear my mission is to unlock humanity’s potential and move people forward.
I work independently, and also in association with other organisations, such as:
- Global Warriors, pioneers in leadership development and team coaching in corporates e.g. Cisco
- Inspiring Heads, where we develop leadership skills and coach teams
- Fibre Training, specialists in training and coaching for the creative industry
- The Career Coach, specialists in finding new careers and more fulfilling careers
Wanting to develop coaching talent in other coaches, I’m on the Steering Committee for the ORSC UK Community (a voluntary role), where I play a leading role developing the capabilities of practitioners in Organisational and Relationship System Coaching (ORSC).
It might not surprise you that I’ve undertaken substantial training and development. I’m a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC) and a Certified Organisational and Relationship Systems Coach (ORSCC), which means I’m qualified to coach individuals, pairs and teams.
Acccredited by the International Coach Federation as an Associate Certified Coach (ACC), I rigorously follow its ethics and guidelines.
I’ve trained in leadership development, life coaching, relationship coaching, and career change coaching at the world’s leading coaching schools. I’ve also a few creative and marketing qualifications and an MBA. (Details below.)
If you’re interested in unlocking your, or your organisation’s, potential, contact me.
- Organisation and Relationship Systems Coaching Certification (ORSCC), Centre for Right Relationship, 2015
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC), International Coach Federation, 2014
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC), Coaches Training Institute 2014
- Organisation and Relationship Systems Coaching Series (ORSC), Centre for Right Relationship, 2014
- The Leadership Circle Certification, The Leadership Circle, 2014
- Team Coaching Certification, Team Coaching International, 2013
- Organisation and Relationship Systems (ORS) at Work, Centre for Right Relationship, 2013
- Relationship Agility, Coaches Training Institute, 2013
- Career Change Coaching Programme, Firework Coaching, 2013
- Co-Active Coach Training, Coaches Training Institute, 2013
CREATIVE, MARKETING AND BUSINESS QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Digital Marketing (Credit) Institute of Direct Marketing, 2009
- Master of Business Administration (Merit), Open University, 2005-2007
- ISP Diploma, Institute of Sales Promotion, 1999
- Diploma in Marketing, Institute of Marketing Management, 1995-1997
- Bachelor of Arts in Fine Art, University of Cape Town, 1990-1993
MORE ABOUT ME
I’m an optimist, tending to look for the good and funny sides of life. I’m also curious and interested in exploring new things. I’ve studied a lot, worked in many different roles and travelled a bit, too.
Watch my ‘About me’ video on the left to get a better sense of who I am and what motivates me (it’s different to the video on the home page).
People describe me as honest and trustworthy, warm and caring – and remember me for the energy and enthusiasm I bring to a room.
Living in London is inspiring, challenging and creatively exciting. From savouring a new cuisine, meeting people from another culture to exploring the Tate Modern’s latest exhibition, I love living in London. It’s broadened my mind and opened me up to new possibilities.
I enjoy running (in Ealing, West London, where I live), thought-provoking theatre and films, gorgeous food and travelling.
To get a better sense of who I am, watch my ‘About me’ video on the top left.
Curious about what my clients have to say? Read my coaching outcomes.
Look at my LinkedIn endorsements.
If you are serious about making changes, get in touch.
“Duncan is everything you need from a coach, he is friendly, focused, inquisitive and probing yet fully respectful of your boundaries but most of all he is incredibly supportive. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Duncan and would consider working with him again in the future.” (JW)
Curious about what other clients have to say? Read more coaching outcomes.
“Before I started the coaching sessions I was completely unaware where to turn to in terms of career. I knew I wanted to change it but I couldn’t decide to what and where else to look for. Duncan was amazing and all sessions helped me in different ways and gave different prospects of myself and of what I want to do professionally. Although our main focus was on career, Duncan also helped me to know myself even better and how to use my skills and strengths both personally and professionally. Now I’m very happy and confident with the decision that I made of what I want to do with my career. Duncan is a very warm person with a big heart and a love for his job that transpires in everything he does.” (IM)
Interested in what other clients have to say? Read more coaching outcomes.